And nooooo, I’m not talking about the birth control…I’m talking about when plan A doesn’t work out, you move on to plan B.
This all started about a month ago, when the hubby’s friend sent him an email with info on a job in San Fran that she thought he might be interested in. To make a long story short, he made it to the 3rd round of interviews (which we believe was the last round). He was asked to complete an assignment, which he did. And yesterday he found out that he didn’t get the job.
At this point, I was ready to move to SF…had all sorts of plans. But God, and life had other ideas!
So last night we had a big chat about what we want to do moving forward. At this point, all we know is that we want to leave Monaco. It’s been a great experience, but we’re ready to have our US life back, with friends, family and the normal day-to-day things that we’ve come to expect.
We decided to start looking for jobs in Miami, and aim to leave Monaco in December. Which gives us a few more months here with our new friends, and puts us home just in time for the holidays! Although we did decide that if we are able to find jobs before that, we will jump at the chance to get back earlier.
Where does that leave us with the family planning? Well I’m finally recovered from the Ectopic pregnancy, and about to jump back on the Clomid for next month….but we’re not sure that’s a great idea. With all the uncertainty about finding jobs, and where exactly we will live, not to mention having to worry about insurance with a baby on the way just seems like way too much to cope with.
For now….we count down the days until our Tuscan vacation with mom & dad and assorted friends (10 days to be exact), apply for jobs in Miami and wait.